Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
- Hydra's High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
- Video-HDR uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode (iPhone 6) to create stunning videos.
- Lo-light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
- Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x and 4x scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique(*).
- Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image(*).
Hydra also features a photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata, directly linked with built-in iOS photo album, thus avoiding duplicates and allowing to flag as favorites.